What follows are the resources that were used as reference in our coverage of Alex Jones’ 2009 “documentary” The Obama Deception.
On a fundamental level, most of the worldview that is expressed by Alex Jones’ voice-over, and that of his main “expert” Webster Tarpley is traceable to W. Cleon Skousen’s 1970 book The Naked Capitalist. That book was a complete misrepresentation of Carroll Quigley’s work, particularly his books The Tragedy of Hope, and The Anglo-American Establishment. If you would like to hear Quigley’s take on Skousen’s work, and how he trafficked in misrepresentations, you can find a basic example here.
This explains a good deal of the historical revisionism in the film, so it felt appropriate to bring that up at the start.
And now, the citations:
Immigrants are bringing in TB narrative:
The reality about the story about the sexual assault case in Twin Falls:
- A story from the Idaho Statesman about the case's resolution
- An Idaho Statesman correction article, including the quotes referenced from prosecutor Grant Loebs
- I'm not going to link to the Brietbart propaganda articles. Find those on your own if you want to.
Biographical information about Hamdi Ulukaya:
Documentation and explanation of the beginning of the #SyriaHoax hashtag
International Terrorism Center at the Hague's propaganda expert says that the Syria hashtag was a clear example of a "Russian influence campaign"
Study from the Hispanic Heritage Center that examined the political beliefs of 50,000 high school students between the age of 14-18. The data can be twisted to show a preference for Trump in the youth, a closer examination shows that every minority group is not so hot for Trump, and that white males are heavily in favor of Trump.
The KTLA/Trump Is Doing Tons of Sex Trafficking Busts Narrative
- The actual KTLA article in question
- The press release from LA Sheriff
- The article from The Hill
- Article about the Memphis arrests
- Article about Virginia "To Catch a Predator" style busts
- Article about the New Orleans bust where all victims were over the age of 20
Solon Supports Pedophilia Narrative
- The original article has been taken off the internet, but here is an analysis from the National Review
The UN Wants To Normalize Pedophiles
- Explanation of the UN's dealing with the International Lesbian and Gay Association over their association with NAMBLA, back in 1993
YouCaring's Terms of Service
Information about Joe Arpaio:
- A good place to start, just his Wikipedia page
- A story about Maricopa County that we deemed possibly too triggering to discuss on the podcast
- Article about Arpaio's court case and the deceitful bank fraud claims
- Joe Arpaio illegally paid Dennis Montgomery $250,000 for his "bank fraud" investigation into Judge Snow
Information about Dennis Montgomery:
- Article about Montgomery's fraudulent accusations and manufactured emails against Jim Gibbons
- Article about Montgomery's fraudulent anti-terrorism software that claimed to be able to decode secret messages on Al Jazeera
- Article describing how Joe Arpaio testified in court that Dennis Montgomery is a "compete, total fraud" (This article also lays out the cause for my contention that the "bank fraud" investigation was cover for an investigation of a Federal Judge, as well as the citing of possessing a leaked database of 150,000 Maricopa County residents)
- The Judge's decision regarding Dennis Montgomery's dismissed defamation lawsuit against James Risen
Information about Larry Klayman:
- It's too exhausting to link to all his cases, so here is Wikipedia's list of a bunch of Klayman's greatest hits
- Alright fine, here is a link to an article about his lawsuit claiming that President Obama brought Ebola to the USA to attack Caucasians
- Judge Leon's ruling in Klayman's case against Obama over Metadata Collection
- Washington DC Appeals Court ruling in Klayman's case against Obama over Metadata
The story about the Iowa basketball fans forced to apologize for wearing American flags
- Original story out of WHO TV in Iowa
- A number of examples of right wing blogs missing the point
- 2016 Des Moines Register article about race relations at the school
- Breakdown, including Facebook screencaps
Ted Nugent has threatened President Obama's life, and thus far no one has taken his free speech